Our mission is to empower girls and boys all around the world with basic computational thinking skills and knowledge of computer programming concepts in a fun, accessible way.
In a world that is increasingly influenced by technology, we believe that it's essential for children to get familiar with 21st century skills and the understanding of how we, as humans, program machines to create a better future.
A series of In-class coding workshops for children in grades 2-5, delivered by highly trained, engaging Mad Science instructors.
lesson includes trained Mad Science instructors, unplugged hands-on activities and the game.
In the game, students practice the programming concepts they have learned from their Mad Science instructor. They get immediate feedback on the solution they have found.
The progress tool shows how well students have mastered the programming concepts in the game and the lessons can be adjusted accordingly.
- Learn that modern technology around us is programmed by humans and become inspired to program machines.
- Learn and practice fundamental programming concepts (like sequences, loops, algorithms, functions, conditionals and variables).
- Practice their spatial reasoning skills.
- Develop a new way of thinking - computational thinking - including algorithmic thinking, abstraction, decomposition and pattern recognition.
- Practice their teamwork skills as they collaborate and communicate while identifying problems, testing solutions and debugging their programs.
Students develop computational thinking and problem solving skills in the online game where they program a robot to solve levels in the most efficient way. Students learn and practice new programming concepts in each Mission!
Kids get creative by developing their own levels using the easy drag and drop interface, and challenge their classmates to solve their level.
Each student has at-home access to the class content and game for 1 year so that they can continue to play and practice the coding skills they have learned.